Tools to get involved in the City of Morgan’s Point Resort Comprehensive Plan:
Update: The survey has been closed (Jan 23, 2023)
- MPR Story Board
- Keep an eye out for the city survey- Mid November
So what is a City Comprehensive plan (Master plan)?
- A future vision and policy guide for our city
- A plan for a MPR’s physical evolution
- A comprehensive analysis of all aspects of community
- Long range- typically varies from 5 to 15 years.
- It’s NOT a zoning bylaw or regulation, but a public policy
A Comprehensive/Master Plan helps communities:
- Manage growth and change
- Provide for orderly and predictable development
- Protect environmental resources
- Set priorities for developing and maintaining
infrastructure and public facilities
- Strengthen local identity
- Create a framework for future policy decisions
- Promote open, democratic planning
- Provide guidance to landowners, developers, and
How does the process work?
- Visioning and goal setting
- Interviews with stakeholders and “topic experts”
- Public Meetings
- Focus Groups
- Internet tools (MPR interactive story board)
- Comprehensive/Master Plan Committees need people with different opinions, backgrounds, interests, and a commitment to work together
as a team.
- Recommendations need to be realistic, but long-term.
- Visionary ideas should not be dismissed simply because they
are difficult to achieve.
- An Implementation plan needs some small but important
steps that have broad support and can be accomplished right