The Morgan’s Point Resort Economic Development Corporation Articles of Incorporation were filed on February 3, 2011. The corporation is a Type B non-profit development corporation and is governed by Chapter 505 of the Texas Local Government Code. The mayor serves as an Ex-officio non-voting member. The EDC is funded by a sales tax and has a revenue of approximately $50,000 annually. There are seven board of directors who are appointed and overseen by the City Council. Board members serve for a term of two years and may be reappointed to succeed themselves.
A desirable and welcoming community that supports business opportunities while honoring its small-town roots and vibrant lifestyle
To create, retain, and reinvest resources in order to enhance well-being in our community.
Our Team (Term Expiration)
- Linda Bridges, President (12.31.24)
- Christina Venegas, Director (12.31.23)
- Debbie Bates, Treasurer (12.31.23)
- Mike Fletcher, Director (12.31.23)
- Scott Fournier, Director (12.31.23)
- Jason Johnson, Vice President (12.31.24)
- Terry Harrah, Secretary (12.31.24)
- Dennis Green, Mayor- Ex-officio Member
Meetings are held quarterly at the call of the President. (October, January, April & July). The meetings are open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend. Each meeting offers time for announcements and citizen comments.